Garshana Friction Massage
Garshana Friction Massage
This is a 2-Day Seminar - $308. Two Options:
1. 18 CE Credits Live Seminar at the Newport Massage School in Rhode Island (NY State & NCBTMB & FL approved): 6 theory credits + 6 hands-on credits with the instructor + 6 hands-on credits required at home. Instructions for students requiring NCTMB credits only: After completion of this course, continuing education students must complete 6 one-hour practice sessions independently in their own office space or at home. Click here to download the practicum forms - sign and print 6 copies, then send to the school at 855 Waterman Ave., East Providence, RI 02914.
2. 25 CE Credits Online Homestudy (20 theory + 5 practicum). $92. This includes the Hydrotherapy Steam Tent Therapy Instruction. Exam, Practicum Forms, Instructional e-DVD & Illustrated Manual. Approved by the NCBTMB (Provider #155301-00). Most states approve any courses that are NCBTMB approved, but every state has their own set of rules regarding massage. Click on this link to find the rules in your state. NY state Approved. Printed Homestudy Course Available for $164. See the drop down option above. Online and printed courses are the same, but the printed course has additional expenses. Click here for more information.
If you are choosing the Live Seminar Option:
Karyn will lead the class thru concepts, theory and history of Ayurveda, as well as give a demonstration on the first day. She will lead the class through a guided practicum on the second day of class so that each student will be able to receive and give a full garshana session. Garshana is a Sanskrit word meaning “dry brushing”. This stimulating and rejuvenating treatment starts with fresh lemon & salt on the feet to encourage systemic cleansing, followed by a dry lymphatic skin brushing with textured silk gloves.
The brushing (garshana) increases circulation, alkalizes the blood, detoxifies the liver, helps create negative ions (which are the good ones!) and cleans the skin so herbal massage oil can penetrate and nourish the skin deeply. It can be done as it’s own therapy or in conjunction with Ayurvedic oil massage (Abhyanga). Garshana enhances the potential of nutrients to reach starved cells and also eliminates stagnant waste. Upon graduation, students will be certified as Garshana Therapists. Scholarships due to financial difficulties may be available. Finance plans available with affordable interest rates.
- Comprehend the history & theory of Ayurveda
- Become familiar with using the textured silk gloves
- Understand the benefits and precautionary measures
- Defining 8 forms of Ayurvedic Bodywork
- Be able to give a full garshana treatment
- Learn the traditional garshana sequence as taught by Dr. John Doulliard
- Understand the benefits/contraindications
- Class Credits: 18 CEs from the NCBTMB
- Location: 855 Waterman Avenue, Unit B, East Providence, RI 02914
- Required Home Practicum for NCBTMB students only: Six client testimonials submitted to total the extra six hours needed.
- Bonus: Raw silk gloves are included FREE!
- Food & Dining: Bring your own, or join us at one of the nearby restaurants
- Master Instructor: Karyn Marie Chabot D.Ay, MS, LMT (Karyn’s Bio)
PLEASE NOTE: The instructor of this class is subject to change. All Sacred Stone instructors are certified, qualified, experienced, skilled, gifted, and approved by Karyn.
What To Bring?
- Massage linens
- 1 hand towels
- 1 large towel
- Pen or pencil + paper
- Pillow to sit on the floor if you don’t want to sit in the chair
Please note: SAMA is not responsible for traveling expenses should the class be canceled due to inclement weather or if the instructor is sick. We don’t have a list of substitute teachers locally, so if a teacher is sick, class will be rescheduled. Students must make travel plans with this in mind when planning to attend SAMA classes from out town.