Sacred Hot Stone Massage Therapy Certification
Sacred Hot Stone Massage Therapy Certification
HS001 Earn 50 CE credits (40 theory credits + 10 hands-on credits). Approved by the NCBTMB (Provider #155301-00). Approved and accepted by most states! Click here to discover your state regulations regarding massage therapy and continuing education (CBTMB) requirements. A passing score of 75% minimum will enable your transcripts and certificates. Earn NCBTMB, State, & Ayurvedic PACE credits. Approved in most states, including NY & Florida!
Transcripts and certificate will be ready for download upon a passing score of at least 75% for the NCBTMB (Provider #155301-00), & Ayurveda PACE credits. You will receive an automated email with login credentials within 48 hours of purchasing this course. You can immediately start your course online, watch the e-dvds as many times as you like, download and read the illustrated PDF, take the multiple choice exam (auto-corrected approx 200 questions).
Earn 50 CE credits (40 theory credits + 10 hands-on credits).
What is Sacred Stone Therapy?
This treatment was originally called Sacred Stone Massage Therapy since 1999 when Karyn first brought the hot stone massage movement to the east coast. Since then, her students have changed the titles and the content, but Karyn teaches the original and authentic version of Sacred Stone Therapy in this course. Learning her techniques and philosophies will help remove stress and pain in your client’s physiology. Learn how to create powerful stone layouts and utilize gliding, spinning, edging and flipping techniques designed to calm the central nervous system, improve systemic detoxification, encourage better posture and reduce muscular tension. This hot stone therapy technique is unique and different because Karyn applies time-proven Ayurvedic, scientific modalities and theories which direct energy towards the “terminal ends” of the body, enliven the “earth-bound” chakra system, engages the natural intelligence of the body, awakens prana (life force) and renews the sweetness of life.
Using heated and chilled mineral composites of granite, feldspar, quartz and magnetite which are harvested locally, this treatment integrates traditional massage techniques, creatively blending science, physiology, anatomy, medicine and modern-day therapeutic touch with spirit, creating a very holistic and comprehensive way to perform hot stone therapy.
“Elements of The Great Earth for healing, massage and beauty are rooted in shila abhyanga, (shila – stone, abhy – to rub, anga – limb), and is Sanskrit for stone massage. Heated stone massage is a form of swedhana, meaning thermotherapy, a modality used during pancha karma. Pancha karma is a form of internal and external purification of the body, mind and soul using many ancient bodywork techniques and nutritional modalities from India. Every ingredient in the cosmos has a healing effect…every plant, flower, stone, leaf, bark, aroma and even vastu shastra (E.Indian Feng Shui)….we just need to learn how to use them properly. Ayurveda simply uses natural ingredients from the kitchen and the garden for healing. Breath, sleep, diet and yoga are the four pillars of nourishment for the body, mind and soul. Warm oil and sea stones on the skin are highly nourishing for the physiology and nervous system. Ayurveda gives importance to beauty because the body is a sacred temple of the soul. Heated and chilled stones can be used on the face to impart a radiant glow and the marmas (Marma is a Sanskrit word for “doorway” in the body) can be activated by firm pressure with small stones and crystals.” Dr. Naina Marballi
Watch an Interview (1999) with Karyn Explaining Her Sacred Stone Massage Cognition on Fox TV on the Living Better Show at This Link!
Package price includes: Sacred Stone Set, Professional Stone Heater, and 4 Chakra Gemstones.
Home Study Requirements
- Write two (2) paragraphs on how you think you can improve as a therapist and what steps you will take to achieve improvement
- Write a two (2) paragraph summary of your favorite parts of this course and explain why they are your favorite
- Include five (5) practice session testimonials
- Achieve a passing grade of at least 75% on the multiple choice exam
- Students have 1 year to complete, self-paced. We always allow extensions for extenuating circumstances.
- Contrast hydro-therapy using chilled, white quartzite stones and heated, textured mineral composites
- What are the best oils for each season and each client’s constitution
- Ayurveda as it relates to ancient beauty secrets
- Maintenance of the stones and roaster
- Tips for women’s health
- Facial marma points as they relate to healing the entire body
- How specific oils and home-made masks affect the face and body internally and externally
- Controversial ingredients for masks and cleansers
- How to apply food on the skin for radiance
- How to activate the facial marmas
- How to do facial analysis for medical insights
- 8 effective and soothing stone strokes for the face
- Crystal & stone layouts- for detoxification & rejuvenation
- Specific directional strokes for terminal clearance on the face
Table of Contents
- Ayurvedic Blessing
- Stone Thermal Emanation Factor
- The Shakti Factor
- Recharge Your Stones
- Textural Distinction
- Getting Started
- Maintenance of the Heating Unit and Stones
- Stone Applications
- Application of Cool Quartzite Stones
- Stone Protocols: Eye Area
- Benefits of Laying Stones Directly on the Skin
- Toe Stone Application
- Five Sacred A’s
- Colorful Stones and the Doshas
- Chakra Balancing with Stones
- Chakra Activation Techniques
- Precautionary Guidelines
- Sacred Stone Facial Sequence
- Summary of the Sequence
- Helpful Tidbits for Stone Therapists
- Benefits of Sacred Stone Therapy
- Five Great Elements
- Ayurveda Made Simple
- Whats Your Dosha?
- How Does Sacred Stone Therapy
- Integrate Ayurveda?
- Attributes of Vata
- Seven Ayurvedic Constitutions
- Terminal Clearance
- Marma-Abyhanga Therapy
- Facial Marmas
- Ayurvedic Facial Analysis
- Ayurvedic Facial Diagnosis Key
- Stages of the Doshas
- Definition of Beauty
- Ayurvedic Beauty Mask Recipes
- Nasya Therapy
- Benefits of Abhyanga (daily oil massage)
- Ayurvedic Classification of Topical Oils
- Controversial Topical Ingredients
- Raw Honey On The Skin for Beauty & Healing
- Ayurvedic Beautiful Breast Butter
- Electrical Frequency of Essential Oils
- Hymn to the Plants
- Neem Oil to the Rescue
- Rockaroma: Ayurvedic Aromatherapy
- Crystals Are Alive
- Create a Sacred Space with Crystals
- How to Activate and Program Your Crystals
- What Is a Crystal Pendulum?
- Protecting Your Pendulum
- Dedication Prayer for Crystals
- How to Work with the Crystal Pendulum
- Taking Care of the Healer
- Charakas Life Tonics
- Marketing Tips
- Chorus of the Stones
- Stones You Will Need for Sacred Stone Facial Therapy
- About The Author
- Thank You!
Our Home Studies are full-credit, digital versions of our popular Home Study Series– available for immediate download from our website. These digital versions can be read by anyone, with any computer, as well as many popular eBook readers (such as the Apple iPad and the Amazon Kindle). Download your pdf manual and watch the 2 instructional online DVDs as often as you like. Each DVD is about 1 hour, very professional and informative. Receive transcripts for re-certification immediately upon passing the course with a 75%.
You DO NOT have to be a massage therapist to take our courses! We will certify you, but we can’t license you to become a legal massage therapist. If you would like to legally become a massage therapist, contact the Board of Health in the state where you reside to learn about your state’s requirements.
This course allows students to download the eDVD(s) and PDF manual(s) to their computer, for viewing at any time and as often as they wish. Once you download your course materials, they are yours forever. Students will also have access to their course files via our Student Central web area.