Marma Point Therapy (Intro)
Marma Point Therapy (Intro)
HS012 Earn 40 CE credits (30 theory credits + 10 hands-on credits). Approved by the NCBTMB (Provider #155301-00). Approved and accepted by most states! Click here to discover your state regulations regarding massage therapy and continuing education (CBTMB) requirements. A passing score of 75% minimum will enable your transcripts and certificates. Earn NCBTMB, State, & Ayurvedic PACE credits.
Transcripts and certificate will be ready for download upon a passing score of at least 75% for the NCBTMB, & PACE credits. You will receive an automated email with login credentials within 48 hours of purchasing this course.
What Is Marma Point Therapy?
Much like acupressure or acupuncture, marmas are like small “windows” on the skin’s surface and subcutaneous layers, acting as mystical junction points between body, mind, and spirit. They are the spaces in-between the relative world and the unified field of all possibilities. Activating marma points allows light and prana into the body, transforming the biochemistry of the physiology.
The word marma comes from the root word “mar”. It means war and its archetype is the warrior. It is masculine in nature. The word for the planet Mars comes from the same root. It’s the planet of passion and war. It symbolizes the mythical deity “Ram”. The root word “ma” refers to the mother in Latin. Its archetype is the mother earth and is feminine in nature. This root word symbolizes the mythical deity “Sita”. When you put the two root words together and come up with Marma, we can understand why it is also seen as the primordial junction between Sita and Ram, the great lovers in the India culture.
The Remedial Benefits of Marma Therapy:
- Therapeutic effects can be experienced both distally and locally within the physiology.
- Because marma points intrinsically have a large blood supply and many nerves, activating them can restore balance to the autonomic nervous system and harmonize the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.
- Endorphins, called opiods and neurotransmitters such as melatonin and seratonin are released during marma therapy, enhancing mood and relieving pain.
- It clears pathways and improves functional and structural integrity of the body’s systemic channels (srotamsi).
- It kindles the fire within all the tissues (dhatus), burns cellular toxins (ama) and disperses crystallized negative emotions that have been repressed in the cellular memory.
- It relieves headache, joint and muscle pain.
- It can provide most of the benefits that massage therapy provides!
- Learn the definition and history of marma therapy
- Understand how and who discovered the marmas
- Become aware of the precautionary guidelines
- Develop a very basic foundation for Ayurveda
- Comprehend the term “dosha” and other Sanskrit terminology
- Experience why marma points enliven our innate intelligence
- Understand how marma therapy can be both remedial and and diagnostic
- Uncover the cause of pain and how to alleviate it
- Develop a set of tools and knowledge for working with the marmas
- Learn some diagnostic and remedial measures for fibromyalgia
- Determine the four major marma points in the physiology
- Learn how to add marma therapy to your massage routine
- Become familiar with the precautionary guidelines
- Discover your own marma points
- Understand how marma’s are doorways and junctions
- Learn how to recognize the points on your clients
- Demonstrate how to relieve pain by using marma
- Describe the marma bands that exist around each joint
- Learn the how the marmas are connected to organs
- Facilitate more flow of prana in your client and yourself
- Define the size of each marma and how to palpate them
- Learn how to give a marma massage with clients clothed
Home Study Requirements
- Write two (2) paragraphs on how you think you can improve as a therapist and what steps you will take to achieve improvement
- Write a two (2) paragraph summary of your favorite parts of this course and explain why they are your favorite
- Include five (5) practice session testimonials
- Achieve a passing grade of at least 75% on the multiple choice exam
- Students have 1 year to complete, self-paced. We always allow extensions for extenuating circumstances.