HS003 Earn 6 CE credits. Approved by the NCBTMB (Provider #155301-00) and Yoga Alliance. Approved and accepted by most states! Click here to discover your state regulations regarding massage therapy and continuing education (CBTMB) requirements. A passing score of 75% minimum will enable your transcripts and certificates. Earn NCBTMB, State, Yoga Alliance & Ayurvedic PACE credits.
As soon as you pass this course with a 75% minimum, your transcripts and certificate will be ready for download for the NCBTMB, Yoga Alliance & PACE credits.
What Is Ethical Touch NCBTMB?
This course concentrates on the topic of ethics as it relates to daily bodywork dynamics and interpersonal relationships. This is an excellent and fascinating learning experience for yoga instructors and massage therapists who appreciate the ancient eastern sciences as they relate to today’s western world. In our industry, we are challenged daily with decisions that could adversely or positively affect our success and the professionalism of the industry. This course is unique such that it integrates eastern and western philosophies, standard V. roles and boundaries, the yoga sutras and other more alternative theories.
Ethics and professionalism can be very personal, controversial and individual, so this course will address generalized issues determined by the code of ethics developed by the National Board of Therapeutic Bodywork and Massage (NCBTMB), The Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP), and The American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). There will always be situations you have to access uniquely and trust your judgment.
When you register for one of our courses, you will receive an email with directions to gain access to our student learning area, Student Central. Student Central offers our students a centralized location for their course materials, including PDF manuals, eDVDs, multiple choice exams (open-book), course forms, and instant NCBTMB transcripts and certificates. Student Central allows our students to get their courses completed easier and faster than ever!
This course allows students to download the PDF manual(s) to their computer, for viewing at any time and as often as they wish. Once you download your course materials, they are yours forever. Students will also have access to their course files via our Student Central web area.
This Course Includes:
- Student Central enrollment
- One PDF (digital) training manual (print or read online)
- Course forms, exams, transcripts (via Student Central)
- What ways a patient becomes vulnerable to a practitioner
- Who is the father of allopathic medicine?
- What are the yamas and niyamas?
- What are the standard roles and boundaries in massage therapy?
- What are the practitioner’s responsibilities?
- What is non-violence according to the yamas?
- Learn about the subtle power struggles between the client and therapist
- Learn when hugging a client is best
- Learn the NCBTMB code of ethics
- Understand how the east and west have different ethical systems
- Understand about client confidentiality
- Learn who is the true healer
- Learn about ayurvedic life tonics and recommendations for daily living