Ayurvedic Abhyanga Massage
Ayurvedic Abhyanga Massage
HS006 Earn 50 CE credits (40 theory credits + 10 hands-on credits). Approved by the NCBTMB (Provider #155301-00). Approved and accepted by most states! Click here to discover your state regulations regarding massage therapy and continuing education (CBTMB) requirements. A passing score of 75% minimum will enable your transcripts and certificates. Earn NCBTMB, State, & Ayurvedic PACE credits.
Transcripts and certificate will be ready for download upon a passing score of at least 75% for the NCBTMB, & PACE credits. You will receive an automated email with login credentials within 48 hours of purchasing this course.
It really matters what you put on your skin and your scalp! In addition, sesame oil is a powerful delivery system for vitamin E through your skin, which is deficient in 27% of the population and critical for healthy skin and skin protection. Studies show that self-massage produces oxytocin, which has shown to balance our immune system and hormones, increase our overall fitness, provide a “glow of health” as seen in our skin and hair, increase our skin wound-healing capability, and even have significant positive effect upon our mood and behavior. Using herbalized sesame oils only enhance these effects, as the cooked herbs allow the oil to better penetrate the skin and ultimately deliver a more therapeutic result.
One massage therapist can use some of the information demonstrated in this course, even though it is designed for two therapists. This is a valuable course whether or not you have a massage partner. You may still become certified in this course if you don’t have a partner. If dont have a massage partner, just do the best you can based on the knowledge you learned from this course as part of your 5 practicum requirements.
Ayurvedic massage is becoming a standard on some of the most elite spa menus and is taught in some of the most progressive massage schools across the country. Over one quarter of the questions on the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork are on based ayurvedic principles. It is now becoming mandatory to know about the science of Ayurveda in order to be a nationally certified massage therapist.
Tandem four-handed oil massage is based on the ancient principles of Ayurveda. The women on the cover of our homestudy course material are identical twins, but any two people can do this therapy. You don’t have to be a “twin”. Karyn makes this ancient therapy practical and understandable. She offers many good tips on healing and applies the concepts she learned from The Ayurvedic Institute.
When you enroll in our eHome Study courses, you will receive an email with directions to gain access to our student learning area, Student Central. Student Central offers our students a centralized location for their course materials, including PDF manuals, eDVDs, multiple choice exams (open-book), course forms, and instant NCBTMB transcripts and certificates. Student Central allows our students to get their courses completed easier and faster than ever!
This course allows students to download the eDVD(s) and PDF manual(s) to their computer, for viewing at any time and as often as they wish. Once you download your course materials, they are yours forever. Students will also have access to their course files via our Student Central web area.
This Course Includes
- Online Student Central enrollment
- One PDF (digital) training manual (print or read online)
- Course forms, exams, transcripts (via Student Central)
- Ayurvedic Massage (Tandem Abhyanga) eDVD
- Massage Table
- Massage Oil
- Neem Oil (optional)
- How to anoint the skin with warm oil
- Benefits of oil massage
- What oils are best for who and when
- How to detox the entire body with lemon and salt on the feet
- Learn the direction of terminal clearance
- Implement vata soothing (anxiety reducing) movements
- How to work in tandem
- Learn the foundation, history and value of Ayurveda
- Learn the massage moves taught at the Ayurvedic Institute in NM
- Active marma points on the body
- Learn over 20 different harmonious, tandem strokes
- Understand the basics of pancha karma: India’s ancient detox treatment
Home Study Requirements
- Write two (2) paragraphs on how you think you can improve as a therapist and what steps you will take to achieve improvement
- Write a two (2) paragraph summary of your favorite parts of this course and explain why they are your favorite
- Include five (5) practice session testimonials
- Achieve a passing grade of at least 75% on the multiple choice exam
- Students have 1 year to complete, self-paced. We always allow extensions for extenuating circumstances.